Below are recent posts for the various activities of the Drummin Bog Project
Click on the Headings of the Posts to read the full articles. Please feel welcome to share the articles with your community.
Drummin Bog Project General News
- Drummin Bog celebrates World Wetlands 2020 Day 02/02/2020
- Leader funding to aid restoration of Carlow’s unique Drummin bog announced 14/01/2020
- Carlow Drummin Bog Project will contribute to the UN Decade of Ecosystem Restoration 2021-30 13/01/2020
- Carlow Drummin Bog Project receives an invitation to attend the President of Ireland’s Picnic for voluntary organisations 26/06/2019
- Communicating sustainability through the UN Sustainable Development Goals in the Drummin Bog Project 11/04/2019
- Drummin Bog committee visits Girley Bog in County Meath 29/10/2018
- Drummin Bog hosts Irish Community Wetlands Forum Meeting 26 Sept 2018 22/10/2018
- Carlow Drummin Bog Project 22/08/2018
- Drummin Bog Community Workshop 21st Feb 2017 – All Welcome 27/01/2017
- Welcome to The Drummin Bog Project 04/12/2016
Creative Drummin Art News
- Leader funding to aid restoration of Carlow’s unique Drummin bog announced 14/01/2020 - The voluntary Carlow Drummin Bog Project committee are delighted to announce after several years work, they have secured LEADER funding to enable preliminary scientific investigation of Drummin Bog in South Carlow. LEADER funding will support the first stage of restoring the last remnant of raised bog, an important natural heritage site in the the South East of Ireland.
- An Fraughan: Three Neighbouring Schools Exhibition Creates Buzz for Carlow’s Little Drummin Bog 12/06/2019 - At the opening of the An Fraughan 3-schools art exhibition on Thursday 6 June 2019 - a lovely sunny day, 128 children, parents, siblings, just about managed to fit into the small local Drummin Hall. Drummin Bog, Carlow’s only raised bog (and the last remaining in the South East of Ireland) was truly celebrated from the creative efforts of children who live in the Drummin area of County Carlow, Ireland!
- An Fraughan Art Exhibition for Drummin Bog: Drummond, Co. Carlow, Thurs 6 June 2019 28/05/2019 - The Drummin Bog Project is delighted to announce an exhibition to celebrate the work of the children from the national schools of Drummond, Glynn and Newtown, Co. Carlow. The An Fraughan project, led by artist Jules Michael, supported by Cathy Fitzgerald, Annabel Konig and Emma McGrath, is a collaboration between the pupils of the schools, South Carlow artists and Drummin Bog, St. Mullins.
- Creative Ireland Carlow supports two Drummin Bog eco-social art projects 12/06/2018 - The Drummin Bog Project committee are delighted to announce that two proposals for the Drummin Bog Project are to be supported by Creative Ireland Carlow: The Bog Rosemary and Fraughan Projects, listed, build on the initiative of the Drummin Bog Project that created a successful community Hidden | Reveal art event at Visual Carlow, December 2017.
- Celebrating Carlow’s Drummin Bog legacy landscape at VISUAL Carlow 03/12/2017 - On Saturday last, 2 Dec 2017 we were absolutely delighted as over 200 people came out to celebrate and support Drummin Bog at VISUAL, Carlow. The response to the artworks, the information desk and the event overall was absolutely wonderful, with people coming from Carlow town and county but also further afield from Dublin, Kildare, Laois and Wexford.
- Hidden: REVEAL See artworks online for Carlow Drummin Bog Project fundraiser Saturday 2 Dec, 5.30-7pm VISUAL Carlow 24/11/2017 - View artworks online kindly donated to the Drummin Bog Project Fundraiser Art Event. Artworks on sale Sat 2 Dec, 2017, 5.30-7.30pm at VISUAL Carlow.